Today, JT will disassemble Christmas in our little house while I’m at work, and when we deliver the (fat, beautiful) tree to the wood chipper later it will officially mark the end of the holiday season.
All of our presents have been exchanged and unwrapped — except for the two that I still haven’t sent to my coworkers in Toronto… whoops — and that means it’s time to take an inventory of the pile of books I was gifted this season.
In no particular order, the books I received are as follows:
- The Back of the Turtle, Thomas King
- The Bone Clocks, David Mitchell
- Cataract City, Craig Davidson
- Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk
- In the House Upon the Dirt Between the Lake and the Woods, Matt Bell
- How Should a Person Be, Sheila Heti
- The Night Circus, Erin Morgenstern
- Swamplandia!, Karen Russell